Over six months Retail Revival used secondary and primary research techniques to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing Acton as a commercial centre. The resulting report made recommendations to underpin a range of interventions to help stakeholders grow the local economy, arrest decline and exploit opportunities in the Churchfield Road district of Acton.
- A shopper’s survey; a brewery provided a vacant shop on the high street for three months to use as a consultation shop
- Face-to-face research in and on the edge of the town centre
- An online survey using the ‘Sticky World’ consultation platform to gather the views of 1000 residents
- A town health check to measure the economic activity of the high street incorporating a parking audit, footfall count and business survey
- Analysis of an Experian town centre future’s report and further desk top research
Client: Ealing Council